The Mortgage to Rent scheme is administered by the Scottish Government and is designed to help owner occupiers who are in mortgage difficulties and are in danger of having their home re-possessed. The Scottish Government can arrange for Barrhead Housing Association to buy your home and for you to continue to live there as a tenant. Funding is made available to the Association so that any necessary repairs can be made to the property. As with any tenancy, a social rent will be charged and discussed in advance of the tenancy being signed.

If you wish further information on the scheme, please contact Barrhead Housing Association or to apply to the scheme after taking advice you can get an application form from the Scottish Government’s website at or e-mail:

Alternatively you can call the Scottish Government on 0845 279 999 or write to:

Mortgage to Rent

Scottish Government

Highlander House

58 Waterloo Street


G2 7DA